Dream Act College: UCLA Professors Create National Dream University, Online School For Undocumented Immigrants
With help from professors in California, undocumented immigrants are closer to accessing an affordable college education.
University of California, Los Angeles professors formed a collective they call “National Dream University,” which aims to allow American Dream Act-eligible students to enroll in online courses at $65 per credit, according to LA Weekly.
The National Dream University is similar to a program called Freedom University, which was set up by Georgia professors after state legislation threatened to extend barriers to undocumented immigrants’ educational pursuits.
Question: What are your thoughts on the new National Dream University?
- theyalwayswantyoutoproveit reblogged this from schoolit
- tanama reblogged this from vivanlosancestros
- breakthetaboo likes this
- vivanlosancestros reblogged this from afrafemme
- irresistible-revolution answered: This is great idea! I hope they can get accredited!
- irresistible-revolution likes this
- afrafemme reblogged this from mcojdc
- ylai likes this
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- causeicraft likes this
- sampaguitagirl likes this
- shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh likes this
- taedaddyissues reblogged this from schoolit
- neurotransmissions answered: wow, this is awesome! it’s such a good day today!
- neurotransmissions likes this
- schoolit posted this